6 Movies You Really Should Have Watched This Year
- Casino Royale
- An Inconvenient Truth
- The Departed
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- Thank You For Smoking
(n.b. yet to see Babel but expect it to be most excellent)
6 Songs I Played Much Too Much
- Frou Frou – Let Go
- Youth Group – Forever Young
- Fort Minor – Cigarettes
- Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha
- Yoko Kanno – Christmas In the Silent Forest
- Hinouchi Emi – Crying
6 Women I Fell In Love With This Year
- That one I met right at the start
- The one I met kinda randomly and found we had much in common
- The one that’s “off-limits” (it’s complicated)
- The one I didn’t meet until just before she went back
- The one I slowly grew to like more & more
- Aishwarya Rai
(it was London, she was beautiful, and… ah you had to be there)
6 Things That Made Me Smile This Year
- My sister getting 98.2. Damn she worked hard for it.
- Moving my stuff in to the Sydney house
- Turning up at work on that first day
- Getting that first paycheque. DAAAMN that felt good
- Getting on that plane to London
- Seeing a whole bunch of my friends at my 21st. Thanks again, y’all.
6 Things I Really Should Have Done This Year But Never Got Around To
- Properly redesign my site
- Remember birthdays… on time
- Signing up for the gym
- Finishing FFX
- Leaning how to play the guitar
- Making a 6th List of 6 for ’06
Woo~ total lack of stuff to talk about, so… the fallback position! random meme. Post a comment and:
- Iâ€™ll respond with something random about you
- Iâ€™ll challenge you to try something
- Iâ€™ll pick a color that I associate with you
- Iâ€™ll tell you something I like about you
- Iâ€™ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you
- Iâ€™ll tell you what animal you remind me of
- Iâ€™ll ask you something Iâ€™ve always wanted to ask you
- If I do this for you, you must post this on yours! (Or, you know, not.)
Some explanation – for the sake of simplicity, i didn’t include everyone I know, just those that are friends and are likely to see this =) The “…” signifies various multitudes of people at uni in my course. The greyed out ones in italics were those people who provided key contacts, but have since lost contact.
And the grey dotted border signifies the met-in-high-school/uni divide. With the exception of Annie inside the line, and conversely work people, there’s a bit of a generic rule that applies to this divide…
(if I’ve missed you… >.>)
last cigarette: never
last beverage: fresh squeezed limes from my backyard in water
last kiss: much, much too long ago
last movie seen: Just Like Heaven
last phone call: family friend (y’know, one of them “Aunties”)
last cd played: Naughty by Nature – IIcons… like last year some time.
last bubble bath: Years and years ago… probably something like 1995
last time you cried: Can’t actually recall this one, so long enough ago
8 have you evers:
have you ever dated one of your best friends: nope
have you ever skinny dipped: yep
have you ever kissed somebody and regretted it: Nope
have you ever fallen in love: hahah yeah with practically every girl i meet
have you ever lost someone you loved: “lost”… probably not in the sense here
have you ever been depressed: Never strong enough to be a full-blown Depression (y’know, capital D style)
have you ever been drunk and thrown up: nope (luckily!)
7 states you’ve been to:
2. New South Wales
4. … California!
5. New Jersey
6. New York
6 things you’ve done today:
1. went to work
2. read “We Can Remember it for You Wholesale” by Phillip K Dick (short story)
3. ironed my clothes
4. cooked dinner
5. made lunch
6. >.> blogged!
5 favorite things in no order:
1. cold tim tams from the fridge
4 people you can tell [almost] anything to:
1. Mum & Dad (they count as one)
3. The one on the other side of the world
4. M’Lady (she knows who she is, or should anyway)
1. Retire by 30
2. Find that special girl who likes me back
3. More wishes
2 things you want to do before you die:
1. Own a small tropical island to call my very own
2. Have people know my name the world over (I really am a meglomaniac)
1 thing you regret:
1. Not being totally honest to her. Next time I’ll do it right.
So I see a new post from Jack this morning, and it’s one of those things I thought Jack would never do, but I gladly lap up. It’s an intriguing one.
“Johari” – It’s like a personality matrix, with a bunch of characteristics. I’ve picked 6 personality traits I think are some of my strongest, and now it’s your turn – you guys pick 5 or 6 things you think about me (e.g. am I cheerful, proud, etc) and we find out how much my perceptions of myself match with those of my friends.
Give it a shot, for me =) (and no peeking. that’d be unfair.)
This is pretty much designed to go well (enough) as the personality traits are by and large positive, but if I’m feeling particularly curious, I might have a go at the “Nohari”, which is a negative take on the Johari personality options.
Purloining memes is inevitable; it’s something about their nature – well, it really is their nature – that others will steal the meme and put it on their blog in an spectacular display of unimagination/uncreativity. But they’re fun.
So stealing from elsewhere, the following meme continues. And it feels oddly appropriate to me to be talking about this kind of stuff, what with end-of-an-era type stuff happening to me. Enough blather, the meme:
Everyone who reads this blog who happens to also know me (rather than the usual net stumbler), post a memory you have of you, with me, a moment. it could be anything from the utterly humiliating to the higest of highs. see the theory is that different things are significant to different people, what you remember may not be something that i’d recall. so comment away, anonymously if you so wish, that could be part of the test! see if i remember your memory!
So let’s get to it folks =) What memory do you have of me?