– Fun With Dick and Jane: not actually all that much fun as is promised. Hilarious in some bits, but Jim Carey is just so Jim Carey at times and you want him to sit down. 3 stars.
– Memoirs of a Geisha looks suitably fantastic. Never having read the book despite all promises to myself to, I wouldn’t know how close it is to the original, but it promises drama and high tension. Need someone and somewhere arty to go see it to get the atmosphere right.
– Australia, if you’re going to defeat every cricketing nation that comes before you, at least have the compassion to get it over and done with quickly. Don’t stretch it out and make like there’s some hope. Some of us can’t stand the tension.
– With nothing particularly exciting going on, there’s not much to blog about. Learning guitar, reading Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus and 7 Habits of Highly whatever People simply because THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LEFT TO READ. And I am a book addict. Listening to my music library over again on the iPod after reloading it in Sydney (have just realised an audiobook is on the pod but have not started it. must hop-to.) And um yeah stuff. Missing y’all – what with Fay and Peter both out of country, suddenly people who call me outta the blue is down to like nil. Miss ya, Fay, if you ever get to read this. Peter man, hope Japan is all it was promised to be.
– edit: Another realisation! These long 3 years at uni, I totally neglected my CSSE guys & gals. They’re awesome people, the guys open and fun-loving, the girls cute and gorgeous with a stable attitude to life (can’t underrate how valuable that is to me) – these people, to be my future coworkers & collegues, and I what did I do? I spent most of my time hanging around a bunch of old high school friends, pretending to be part of that old-skool clique. the things I miss out on. lÃ© sigh. [totally forgot how I was going to write this in my post-midnight epiphany, but it’s close enough anyway.]